2022is here, League of Legends fans, which means another year packed with gameplay updates, new champions to welcome to the MOBA game, and plenty of new skins. League of Legends patch 12.1 has headed to live servers, bringing a handful of item and champ changes and some snazzy new Elderwood skins. Now, it’s time to see what the second patch of the Season 12 League of Legends patch schedule will bring.
The big news for 12.2 is the arrival of brand-new champion, Zeri. It seems she might have made a slightly premature debut as her universe and biography pages (which went live January 4) appear to have now been taken down, though we have an idea of what she’s all about from the details that were offered in these when live. As reported by Surrenderat20, Zeri will be known as The Spark of Zaun, and will be a marksman champ who “channels her electric magic to charge herself and her custom-crafted gun”. We don’t know anything about her abilities beyond a few hints in the bio and universe info, but you can check out a fuller description in Zeri’s section below.
Patch 12.2 also brings a whole bunch of new champion skins. Akshan and Janna are getting Crystal Rose skins, while Elise is getting a Withered Rose style. Then there are plenty of Porcelain and Firecracker skins to go around for others. You can take a look at all of these in the notes below.
Without further ado, here are the tentative League of Legends patch 12.2 notes (cheers, Surrenderat20!):
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 12.2 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
The League of Legends Season 12 patch schedule has now been rolled out, so we know that League of Legends patch 12.2 is due to go live on Thursday, January 20, 2022.
Maintenance times haven’t yet been confirmed, but usually begin at 3am PT for NA servers, 5am UK time for EUW servers, and 3am CET for EUNE servers, and last for approximately three hours, so expect downtime to start sometime around then.
League of Legends patch 12.2 – New Champion, Zeri
- Base HP – 500
- HP per level – 85
- Health regeneration / HP5 – 3.25
- Health regeneration per level – 0.11
- Base mana – 250
- Mana per level – 45
- Base magic resistance – 30
- MR per level – 0.5
- Base attack damage – 58
- AD per level – 2
- Base armour – 23
- Armour per level – 3.5
- Base move speed – 330
- Attack speed per level – 2
- Attack range – 500
Living Battery (Passive):
Burst Fire (Q):
- Zeri’s basic attack deals magic damage, scales with AP, and is treated as an ability. Moving and casting Burst Fire stores up energy in Zeri’s Sparkpack. When fully charged, her next basic attack will slow and deal bonus damage.
- Burst Fire shoots a burst of 7 rounds that deal physical damage to the first enemy hit. Burst Fire scales with AD and is treated like an attack, with the first round applying on-hit effects. Its cooldown matches Zeri’s basic attack timer.
- You can check out the tooltip for this on Surrenderat20 here.
Ultrashock Laser (W):
- Zeri fires an electric pulse that slows and damages the first enemy hit. If the pulse hits a wall it fires a long range laser from the point of impact.
- You can check out the tooltip for this on Surrenderat20 here.
Spark Surge (E):
- Zeri dashes a short distance and energizes her next 3 casts of Burst Fire, causing them to pierce through enemies. She will vault over or grind along any terrain she dashes into, depending on the angle. Hitting a champion with an attack or ability reduces Spark Surge’s cooldown.
- You can check out the tooltip for this on Surrenderat20 here.
Lightning Crash (R):
- Zeri discharges a nova of electricity, damaging nearby enemies, and overcharges herself for a moderate duration. While overcharged, Zeri gains increased damage, Attack Speed, and Move Speed. Attacking enemy champions refreshes the overcharge duration and adds another stack of Move Speed. While overcharged, Burst Fire’s damage concentrates into a faster triple shot that chains lightning between enemies.
- You can check out the tooltip for this on Surrenderat20here.
“A headstrong, spirited young woman from Zaun’s working-class, Zeri channels her electric magic to charge herself and her custom-crafted gun. Her volatile power mirrors her emotions, its sparks reflecting her lightning-fast approach to life. Deeply compassionate toward others, Zeri carries the love of her family and her home into every fight. Though her eagerness to help can sometimes backfire, Zeri believes one truth to be certain: stand up for your community, and it will stand up with you.”
We’ll post all the info about Zeri’s abilities, stats, and release skin when she hits the PBE soon!
Zeri’s champion reveal
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 12.2 BALANCE CHANGES
Janna – changed
- Janna’s move speed increased to 330 from 315
- Attack damage increased to [52 + 3 per level] from [46 + 1.5 per level]
- Attack range decreased to 500 from 550
- Tailwind (Passive):
- New! Ability’s effect changed to [8% move speed gained when moving toward allied champions] from [8% move speed]
- Removed! Bonus magic damage dealt based on move speed
- Howling Gale (Q):
- Mana cost has decreased to [60-100] from [60-140]
- Minimum range has increased to 1100 from 1000
- Maximum range has increased to 1760 from 1750
- Travel time decreased to 1.25 from 1.5
- Zephyr (W):
- Range of ability has changed to [650, centre to centre] from [550 edge to edge]
- Duration of slow effect has increased to 3 from 2
- Ability cooldown has increased to a flat 12 seconds from [8-6 seconds]
- Damage dealt has increased to [70-190] from [55-175]
- Passive move speed has increased to [8-12%] from [6-10%]
- Eye of the Storm (E):
- Ability cooldown has decreased to [15-9] from [16-12]
- Duration of full-strength shield before it decays increased to 1.25 seconds from 0.75 seconds
- Amount of shield has decreased to [80-200 (+65% AP)] from [80-220 (+70% AP)]
- Ability effect has changed to [“Janna gains 20% heal and shield power for 5 seconds whenever she impairs an enemy champion’s movement] from [E’s cooldown reduced by 20% from CCing an enemy champion]
- Monsoon (R):
- Tick rate of healing effect has decreased to 0.25 second from 0.5 seconds
Here’s the early changelist from Riot on Twitter:
New Janna list for 12.2 heading to PBE!
-Empowering your shield with CC was missed, so we're retaining a version of it.
-Janna players didn't seem to care about damage in Q, so we cut the damage buff to add power elsewhere
-Added a couple QoL changes pic.twitter.com/tQf6V1hVlG
— August UwU (@RiotAugust) January 10, 2022
Lulu – nerfed
- Whimsy (W):
- Ability cooldown increased to 17/16/15/14/13 seconds from 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Nocturne – buffed
- Health per level has increased to 95 from 85
- Duskbringer (Q):
- Ability’s attack damage ratio has increased to 85% from 75%
Qiyana – nerfed
- Health regeneration decreased to 6 from 7.5
- Edge of Ixtal (Q):
- Elemental Wrath’s grass zone duration has decreased to 3 seconds from 3.5 seconds
Samira – buffed
- Inferno Trigger (R):
- Damage dealt per bullet has increased to [5/15/25 (50% AD)] from [0/10/20 (+50% AD)]
Senna – changed
- Piercing Darkness (Q):
- New! This ability now slows enemies by [20%(+6%/100AP)(+10%/100BAD)] for 2 seconds
Shen – nerfed
- Twilight Assault (Q):
- Increased Q damage has decreased to [4/4.5/5/5.5/6%] of target’s maximum HP from [5/5.5/6/6.5/7%] of target’s maximum HP
Tahm Kench – changed
- Tongue Lash (Q):
- Slow effect increased to 50% from 40%
- Thick Skin (E):
- Damage dealt to grey health changed to [15/25/35/45/55%,which then increases to 45/50/55/60/65% if there are two or more enemy champions nearby that are visible] from [45/50/55/60/65%]
- Grey health to health changed from [45-100%, which scales from levels 1-18] from [30-100%, which scales from levels 1-18]
- Devour (R):
- Ally shield has changed to [500/700/900 (+150% AP)] from [400/500/600 (+100% AP)]
Talon – nerfed
- Rake (W):
- Bonus monster damage decreased to 105% from 130%
Tristana – buffed
- Tristana’s base health has increased to 600 from 559
- Health regeneration increased to 4 from 3.75
Veigar – buffed
- Baleful Strike (Q):
- Ability cooldown has decreased to 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds from 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds
- Stacks from large monsters and minions have increased to 3 from 2
Volibear – buffed
- Attack damage per level has increased to 3.5 from 3
- Sky Splitter (E):
- Ability cooldown has decreased to 13 seconds from 15 seconds
Yasuo – buffed
- Steel Tempest (Q):
- Attack damage ratio increased to 105% from 100%
Yone – buffed
- Mortal Steel (Q):
- Attack damage ratio has increased to 105% from 100%
Zed – nerfed
- Death Mark (R):
- Base damage has decreased to 65% AD from 100% AD
- Passive shield changed to [275-650] to [250-700]
- Spellblade’s passive damage dealt decreased to [75% base attack damage + 50% ability power] from [150% base attack damage + 40% ability power]
- Item cooldown decreased to 1.5 seconds from 2.5 seconds
- Removed! Ability haste has been removed
- New! This item’s recipe is now as follows:Sheen + Aether Wisp + Fiendish Codex + 550g
Rylai’s Crystal Scepter
- Ability power decreased to 75 from 90
- Health increased to 400 from 350
- Total item cost has decreased to 2600 from 3000
- Item combine cost has decreased to 415 to 815
- Attack speedper stack has changed to[10-15% melee / 5-9% ranged] from[13% melee/ 7% ranged] (also now scales with level)
Here’s Riot’s preview of the coming changes on Twitter:
12.2 Preview with stuff!
Samira's new to this list, same reason as the💨bros.
It's a meaty patch for sure, what are y'alls thoughts on it? pic.twitter.com/AuwYDGOVUQ
— Phlox (@RiotPhlox) January 11, 2022
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 12.2 New Champion Skins
CRYSTAL ROSE AKSHAN
Here’s theCRYSTAL ROSE AKSHAN splash art:
CRYSTAL ROSE JANNA
Here’s theCRYSTAL ROSE JANNAsplash art:
WITHERED ROSE ELISE
Here’s theWITHEREDROSE ELISEsplash art:
“Best known for his brawling, few realize that Sett is also an accomplished Lion Dancer. It’s a surprisingly similar skillset; performing is all about good footwork, being fierce, and knowing how to wow the crowd – and who does that better than the Boss himself?”
Here’s theFIRECRACKER SETT splash art:
“Teemo cooks up his specialty steamed buns every year for the revel, and every year they’re a big hit – literally. Those explosives pack a punch! Almost as much of a punch as the bill for all that property damage.”
Here’s theFIRECRACKER TEEMOsplash art:
FIRECRACKER XIN ZHAO
Here’s theFIRECRACKER DIANA splash art:
Here’s theFIRECRACKER TRISTANA splash art:
BRAVE PHOENIX XAYAH PRESTIGE EDITION
Here’s theBRAVE PHOENIX XAYAH PRESTIGE EDITIONsplash art:
PORCELAIN PROTECTOR EZREAL – 1820 RP – LEGENDARY SKIN
“After accidentally unleashing an ancient evil sorceress while doing research in the university archive, Ezreal narrowly escaped certain death when Lux and the spirit of the Tiger Relic stepped in to save him. Though he is new to the world of magic, Ezreal has joined the Protectors – determined to help solve the problem he (inadvertently) caused.”
Here’s thePORCELAIN PROTECTOR EZREALsplash art:
“Eternally young due to his bond with the rat Relic, Amumu’s innocence belies centuries of existence. He’s been lonely in ages past, but no more: Lux is like his big sister, and Kindred is his… Kindred? Companionship hasn’t stopped his occasional tantrums, of course, but at least now there’s someone to shine his porcelain eyes after a nice cathartic cry.”
Here’s thePORCELAIN AMUMUsplash art:
PORCELAIN LISSANDRA – 1350 RP
“Long ago, the sorceress Lissandra stole the Snake Relic from the ancient Protectors in a bid to gain immortality. Cast down and sealed away for her crimes, Lissandra spent centuries of solitude scheming a way to take all twelve Zodiac Relics for herself, waiting for the perfect time to strike… And now Ezreal has given her the chance.”
Here’s thePORCELAIN LISSANDRA splash art:
“Once a skilled hunter and her fierce hound, the two were so bonded that their souls remained together when they were preserved inside the dog Zodiac Relic. Now they are two halves of a whole, mentoring generations of Protectors like Lux and Amumu and standing guard eternally over the ancient magic that keeps them alive.”
Here’s thePORCELAIN KINDRED splash art:
“As the current leader of the Protectors and wielder of the rabbit Relic, Lux is determined to keep up her sunny disposition in spite of everything: her own arduous sorcery training, the newbie archaeologist who stumbled into their ranks, and the sudden threat of an awakened evil now out for vengeance. She’s got this… right? Right.”
Here’s thePORCELAIN LUX splash art:
PORCELAIN LUX PRESTIGE EDITION
Here’s thePORCELAIN LUX PRESTIGE EDITION splash art:
That’s it for the League of Legends patch 12.2 notes right now, LoL fans, but keep checking back on this page as there’s sure to bemore in the way of gameplay updates andother changes coming to the PBE ahead of the update’s live debut soon.
Gocatch up on theLeague of Legends patch 12.1notesif you’re keen to see what’s just dropped. Plus,our sister site The Loadout has aLoL ranksexplainerif you’re looking for some tips on how to climb those tiers. If you’rethinking of gettinginto the game as a newbie, then ourbest League of Legends champions for beginnersandLoL beginners’ guidescan help you get started.